Log in

Coventry City Council

Question: how do me and my mate get to be a councillor?

Asked by ashmanalyx845 to Ed on 15 Oct 2010 in Categories: .

0 Comment on this question

  • Photo: Ed RuaneEd Ruane answered on 15 Oct 2010:

    To be a councillor you have to be aged 18 and over, normally people join to be a member of a political party such as the Labour Party or the Conservative party or the Liberal Democrat party, and its the members in those parties that decide which person they want to stand as a candidate to become a councillor.

    I’m glad that you are both interested in becoming councillors, as we want more young people to be engaged in politics and take part. To be honest there are too many old people and we need more and more young people like yourself. 🙂